Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kebabs
Serves: up to 6 | Cooking time: 1 hour
Recipe by Brooklyn Supper for Farmer Focus!
“Savory-sweet and perfectly charred, these grilled pineapple chicken kebabs are made with marinated chicken and pineapple, bell peppers, and red onions.”
2 packages Farmer Focus Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs(about 3 pounds)
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 whole pineapple or 6 cups cubed
2 red bell peppersor a mix of spicy and sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large red onion, cut into eighths
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup plus two tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 green onions, thinly sliced
- The night before or at least four hours ahead, salt the chicken on both sides and cut each thigh into 3 rough strips (enough to fold over on a skewer).
- Cut the two halves of the pineapple into 3/4-inch thick fan-shaped slices, and then cut those slices into thirds so you have rough 2-inch wide pieces of pineapple.
- Get your skewers ready and thread 2 slices of red onion, a slice of red pepper, pineapple, chicken, and then pineapple. Continue until the skewer has an inch of room on either side. Take care that each piece of chicken is surrounded on both sides by pineapple.
- In a large jar, mix to combine the marinade ingredients.
- Lower several skewers into 2 – 3 zip-top bags or arrange in a large plastic container. If using the bags, divide 1 cup of the marinade between the bags. If using a container, pour 1 cup marinade over the skewers. Set marinating skewers in the fridge and reserve the remaining marinade.
- The next day, prepare a hot grill . Bank the hot coals to one side to create zones of direct and indirect heat.
Pour half of the remaining marinade in a small jar and set out a brush.
- Set 5 or 6 skewers over high heat. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes per side, or until the edges of the chicken and veggies are nicely charred. Brush the seared side with marinade. Move cooked skewers over indirect heat and set another batch over direct heat. When all the skewers have been seared on both sides, cover the grill and cook for 5 minutes more or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 165 degrees F.
- Top cooked kebabs with green onions and serve with sticky short grain rice, reserved marinade, and a lime wedge.
View All Recipes
Our butcher-style ground chicken blend offers a light take on hearty meals like burgers without sacrificing the burger taste and satisfaction.
Taco Tuesday just leveled up! Enjoy our flavorful ground chicken and fresh veggies with every bite of these Chicken Taco Stuffed Peppers.
Farmer Focus Organic Ground Chicken is perfect for a flavorful chicken burger! You’ll have a golden, crisp look on each side of your burger patty that will lend to the perfect texture for your first bite and a great base for your favorite toppings.