Focus on Organic
Organic refers to the way agricultural products are grown and made. It includes raising, making, and labeling foods to assure consumers that the products maintain the organic integrity that begins on the farm. To be 100% USDA-certified organic, farms must follow a strict set of guidelines.
THESE STANDARDS INCLUDE:
- No toxic and synthetic pesticides or fertilizers
- No GMO ingredients
- No antibiotics or synthetic growth hormones
- No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- No sewage sludge or irradiation>
At Farmer Focus, organic is just the beginning
While organic is good, at Farmer Focus we think it is just the beginning.
We selected “Where food comes from organic “as our third-party certifier who documents and audits our farmers for compliance. Our farmers are audited every 12 months and our production facilities every 12 months.
In addition, while organic is always non-gmo, we choose to get a third-party certified by Project Non GMO to ensure that all our feed, ingredients, and sourcing practices meet their standards.
How is organic chicken raised?
- The birds must be raised organically no later than two days after they hatch;
- They must be fed certified organic feed for their entire lives. Organic feed cannot contain animal by-products, antibiotics or genetically engineered grains and cannot be grown using persistent pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- It is prohibited to give drugs and antibiotics.
- All birds must have outdoor access.